Private kitchen facilities.
PRIVATE KITCHEN FACILITIES FOR FOOD ENTREPRENEURS
100% Permit-Ready Restaurant/Industrial Kitchens Available
PREP provides an alternative to a Commercial Lease. Brokers Protected!
PREP’s campus includes four separate buildings (PREP 1, 2, 3 & Lakeside) that house permit-ready private kitchen facilities in various sizes to accelerate small and mid-level food businesses and provide expansion for those already established, as well as commissaries for multi-location restaurants.
The expansion of PREP Lakeside includes permit-ready and dedicated production space for startups to national enterprises who already have a foothold in the market, but which could still benefit from having access to PREP’s member driven infrastructure.
- From 500sf up to 15,000 sf.
- Ghost Kitchens, Take Out Kitchens, Commissary Kitchens, Food Production Kitchens, Movie set catering and Mobile Food Service
- Try out your concept with low risk before investing in Real Estate
- HUGE broad line distributor buying power
- Business development and acceleration included for all PREP Members
PREP LAKESIDE UNDER CONSTRUCTION
- Pre-approved, state of the art, food production kitchen spaces
- Conveniently located inside the perimeter with immediate access to I-85 and I-285, one block from the MARTA Bus Line
- Each production space is exclusive to your business.
- Co-working space and four common conference rooms
- On-site access to additional a la carte cooler and freezer storage
- Guided permitting process for: Retail &/or Wholesale, Catering, and all other types of foodservice
- Group buying power through PREP’s exclusive food and supply procurement joint venture with Gordon Food Service
- Experienced Business Development available to help accelerate your food business growth
- Assistance bringing products to market
- Packaging and Labeling assistance
- Permit ready per Georgia Department of Agriculture, USDA, FDA and DeKalb County Department of Health regulations
- Customer facing entrances with loading area for potential retail sales
- Walk-in coolers/freezers in most space configurations
- Dry storage areas
- Shipping & Receiving zones (some units)
- Covered Loading zones
- Brand new individual HVAC systems, electrical and plumbing
- Three compartment sinks, and prep, hand & mop sinks available
- Separated, 3-phase power to each dedicated unit
- 6’-20’ hoods depending on kitchen size
- Gas cooking lines and monitored ansul fire supression systems
- Tile and approved sealed floors
- Warehouse areas with 13′ ceilings (most units)
- 6” double metal doors for receiving/shipping/loading
- Separate customer entrance zones and parking
- Access to lift gates and loading areas
- Gated, 24-hour community
- Unit customization may include office space, retail, showroom, conference rooms, restrooms, packaging, and shipping areas.
- Utilities are separately billed at pass-through group buying power rates
- Parking for commercial vehicles including box, food & delivery trucks
- Grey water dumping station
- Fresh water fill station
- Waste oil recycling
- Gym *Not all locations
PREP assumes the expense on the following:
- Grease trap pumping and maintenance
- Maintenance of roof, walls, structure, utilities runs to unit, parking areas, access control systems, common area lighting and landscaping
- Hood Cleaning and maintenance
- HVAC maintenance
- Walk-in and reach in Cooler and Freezer maintenance
- High speed Internet
- FOG permits
- Fire system and extinguisher inspections and permitting
- Facility pest control
- Sanitation & recycling
- Common area area utilities
PREP maintains some of the strictest in safety and manufacturing practices for small-batch food processing.
All PREP members work in an environment that allows them to contribute to the quality, safety and transparency of Georgia’s food production regulations. PREP is in compliance with all Georgia permitting authorities, which allows our members to pursue permitting to produce the following products:
- Farmer’s Markets
“After our first two years, we were able to help accelerate companies to the point they needed their own kitchen facilities. PREP 2 and PREP 3 are private kitchens for these successful members who need their own 24-hour facility, as well as already established food businesses who can move right in.” Mitch Jaffe, CEO