PREP Mentor series
“Building Your Brand” Save the Date!
Wednesday February 14th!
PREP is excited to announce our Mentors for this seminar!
“HOW BRIGHT IS YOUR BRAND BULB?” 10 am and 2 pm – Scott Lamphere, Culinary Specialist and Corporate Chef Gordon Food Service
“Branding 101” 11:30 am Meyer Janet, Branding Expert, PREP Member “Cotton Cravings”
1-2 pm – Time for Q&A and getting to know your PREP Community Members, refreshments will be available!
This Mentor Series Seminar will be held at the office building in front of PREP 2. Using the pedestrian gate, or the driveway at the back of PREP, turn left and exit the rear gate. As you pass through this gate, you will see the PREP sign on the suite right in front of you.
This seminar is offered for PREP Members only!
Culinary Specialist / Corporate Chef
Gordon Food Services, Southeast
Scott is a native Texan who grew up in West Texas where his family was involved in both the farming and ranching community as well as their family owned restaurant business. Fun fact: His Grandparents’ restaurant is known for “inventing” the Chicken Fried Steak in Dawson County over 75 years ago.
Scott is self-taught and well mentored in all types of professional kitchens and culinary settings. For 22 years, he worked as a Healthcare Sales and Marketing Executive in the Pharmaceutical and Hospitality arenas. During this time he also honed his skills while owning a Culinary Consulting Firm called,
Small Town Kitchen Tablewhere he has worn several hats as a Culinary Consultant, Chef Instructor / Caterer, Cookbook Editor, Kitchen Coach and is a Certified Sensory and Tasting Judge for National, Regional and Local food and beverage competitions.
He serves on the Board of Directors for several food and beverage non-profit organizations and is a Volunteer Event Chef for The Giving Kitchen, Georgia Grown, 7 Bridges Mission, Mercy Chefs, Taste of Atlanta, and Les Dames de Escoffier.
In addition to being a regular Chef-Instructor with The Cook’s Warehouse, he is a member of IACP, Southeastern Foodways, The Culinary Trust, The Hospitality Syndicate and FoodService Resource Associates, LLC
Meyer J. Janet B.Com, MBA, CA(SA),CPA(ISR)
- – CFO of large retail chain in South Africa
- – Director of Suzuki Distributors
- – Franchise holder of major fashion and sporting apparel brands
- – Management consultant to major corporations in the toy and the wine industry
- – Partner in UK executive search practice
- – Partner and founder of Design Plus a licensing and branding boutique in 1995 in USA Clients include: Coca Cola, Taco Bell, Anheuser Busch, KFC, Kellogg’s, Post Cereals, Hormel, Kikkoman, Super Pretzel and ICEE.
- – Long standing member of LIMA (licensing industry merchandisers association)
- – Contributor to articles in LIMA publications and Entrepreneur Magazine
- – Partner in Cotton Cravings LLC
Branding 101 Synopsis
- 1 The dream- concept- Reason vs Passion
- 2 The Unique Selling Proposition
- 3 Brand name, Graphics etc.
- 4 Scanning the market and matching Threats and Opportunities to Strengths and Weakness
- 5 Mission Statement and setting of goals
- 6 Brand positioning
- 7 Brand Equity and Message
- 8 Getting the message to market and staying on message
- 9 The Extended Product and living up to consumer expectations