It is with great excitement that we can officially share with you the details of a newly forged, exclusive partnership with Gordon Food Service (“GFS”).
As a purchasing group of companies, PREP Members will enjoy tremendous new beneficial services, buying power, food cost savings and have access to Gordon Food Service’s huge catalog of food and supplies. Listed below are some of the benefits:
- PREP Members will create their own GFS account and login to GFS’s state of the art online ordering platform.
- PREP Members will be able to apply for their own credit terms under GFS’s electronic payment system. This is a great way for smaller companies to establish business credit and help their cash flow.
- Huge catalog – PREP Members will have access to over 15,000 products including National Brands, Regional Brands (such as Halperns’ Meats), Private Brands, organics and specialty items. See: https://www.gfs.com/en/products/product-categories
- No order minimums. As a stand-alone food service operator, the minimums are anywhere from $500-$750 but as a PREP Member, those do not exist.
- PREP Members will be able to discuss volume contracts and seasonal price locking and other strategic relationships.
- Initially, GFS will be delivering to PREP Members 3 days per week heading towards 5 days per week as volume grows.
- Private commissary and locker stocking as previously done with PREP’s Procurement Services will continue.
- Access to GFS run classes such as Embracing Trends in Food Trucks and Catering, Social Media, Customer Experience, Food Safety and many more.
- Access to GFS’s Culinary Advisor for recipe development.
- Access to Kitchen-Tested Recipes https://www.gfs.com/en/products/food-service-recipes
- PREP Member Pricing at Atlanta GFS Stores. GFS plans to open up several local Metro Atlanta stores that will blow away the current competition in the market and give you the ability to grab last minute items. https://www.gfs.com/en/gfsstore.
PREP Members will truly have a partnership in PREP and Gordon that will allow them to accelerate their business, obtain food and supply costs like a large chain of restaurants, and pricing that will truly give PREP Members a competitive edge. The scalability of your business here is endless!
Mitch Long and Julie Sheppard from PREP will be working very closely with Julie D’Amico of Gordon Foods to service the PREP Membership accounts. The hands-on concierge approach you have previously received from PREP’s Procurement Division will only be enhanced with GFS’s knowledge and horsepower.
What happens next? Over the next several weeks PREP Members will be contacted by the PREP & Gordon team to set up in-person meetings and guide you through the application process. Within just a few days after that, you will be notified of available payment terms and be given a User ID and Password to start shopping on Gordon’s platform.
CEO Mitch Jaffe has spent the last 8 months getting to know the folks at Gordon Foods and can’t speak more highly about a group of people who truly want PREP Members to grow and succeed. Of all the main line distributors in Atlanta, Gordon was the one that recognized the opportunity to streamline the buying power of smaller companies and was willing to put in the time and energy to make this deal a reality. They are family owned and operated and it shows. We feel very fortunate for having them as partners.
As the owners of PREP, we could not be more proud of our Members and look forward to seeing you flourish with this new incredible tool we will now be able to offer.
PREP – Gordon Food Service Partnership Q&A Meeting
Mitch Long and Julie D’Amico will be in the PREP main conference room to answer questions about the upcoming partnership with Gordon Food Service and all of the great things coming your way!
Tuesday April 26th 10 am
Wednesday April 27th 10 am
Please join Mitch so that he can address any questions you may have!
For a list of PREP’s Members Click Here
PREP Cook-Create-Connect is a fully licensed unique shared kitchen concept. Established with one goal in mind to help build and support small food businesses in Metro Atlanta. PREP provides state-of-the-art commercial shared kitchen space, test kitchens resources, food procurement and guidance to a talented and creative class of entrepreneurs: specialty food producers, baker, caterers and mobile food service operators, along with the next generation of food artisans. PREP is a privately held company based in Atlanta, GA.